Friday, July 31, 2015

Keep Learning!

Have you heard the saying, “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts”?




In high school, I convinced myself that I had to make my hair as straight as possible or else keep it very short to not look like a wild woman. So all these many years later, I was still clinging to the belief that I needed to make my hair straight.




Recently I decided to let nature take its course because our weather has been so humid it was a losing battle. The result has been that every person who knows me tells me, "Your hair looks so much better like that!" So I have surrendered my blow dryer and flat iron.



Today I am wearing a cool, comfortable casual crinkle cloth tunic from J.Jill. The perfect summer bracelet is also from J.Jill. They have some really great accessories as well as clothes! I have owned many pieces from J.Jill over the years, and I am always pleased with their well made classic styles.



Yesterday I found these Rampage sandals on the sale table at Belk. They are perfect to wear with these white jeans, which are old from Kut from the Kloth.






I often get the question, "What do you wear every day?" This is my favorite look for ease and comfort during summer. In cooler weather, I will wear this tunic with a white tank and faded jeans.



Along with my natural curls, you will also see me in brighter lipstick in the future. Being flexible enough to try something different can be so liberating! Have you changed your thinking about some long-held personal style policy recently?



No comments: