Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Great Gatsby

Mr. Mickey took me to see the movie "The Great Gatsby" last evening.


We awoke to frost in our area on Tuesday morning, but we are looking forward to temps in the 80's today for the first time this year. I am hopeful that this will be the last of my transition looks for chilly spring weather.

Knowing that movie theaters are often downright cold, I wore my navy Austin Reed jacket with a white tee and side zip tan pants from Talbots. The slingbacks are several years old by Unisa. The large square silk-like golf-themed scarf is from Ross.  I folded it into a triangle, draped the ends across my shoulders, and then put on the jacket, which kept it in place without tying it.




The handbag is a recent purchase from Stein Mart.



We enjoyed the movie very much! I loved the elaborate cars and estates' grandeur, the gardens, and the wild party scenes. Leonardo DiCaprio is even more handsome than he was in his younger days. He is such a great actor! I had hoped for more glimpses of fabulous jewelry from this my favorite era.




Thank you for reading!

9 comments:

Sheryl said...

I have never thought to wear a scarf that way. What a neat idea! It adds a splash of pizzazz to your classic outfit. I need to remember this!

josep-maria badia said...

A lovely outfit, simple, balanced and above all, very elegant. The scarf is cute and the shoes are gorgeous.

auroeta art gallery said...

Hello Susan,
I discovered your blog by chance and I am very excited. You look stunning in all your beautiful outfits. You have a very fine and noble taste. Although I am not the youngest (47) but I would be very proud if I would later in my older years look like you. My respect.

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings from Germany
Dana
http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

Donna said...

That is a great way to wear a scarf! The navy blazer looks good no matter how you style it.

Lady of Style said...

What a chic and classy outfit, Susan! I love how you put everything together and I'd immediately wear everything from head to toe.

Annette
Lady of Style
Follow me on Facebook

meriusa said...

Thank you for the tip how an elder couple as well can spend the evening,seeing an interesting movie. Mostly young couples are seen in the theaters .Your outfit is very elegant.

Georgina B. Vick said...

Lovely!

BethsMomToo said...

If you'd like to see a little more about the Tiffany jewelry in the movie you might enjoy watching the movie-related, "The Great Gatsby: Tiffany & Co." on youtube. I happened to see it embedded on a tumblr site. It offers nice close-ups of both vintage jewelry & jewelry created for the movie. [Just go to youtube & search for it by its Title.]

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Love how you did the scarf! I will try that in the Fall. XO, Pinky