Monday, June 16, 2014

Snapshots from Paris ... of the south.

Mr. Mickey's daughters gave him a weekend at the fabulous Windsor Boutique Hotel in Asheville for his birthday/father's day gift. Lucky me! I got to tag along.


The first stop along the way was the Johnson City Farmer's Market to pick up a special order from a local glass etching artist for Mr. Mickey's wine room.


I am always drawn to the flowers.


Our next stop was at the top of the mountain for a rest stop. The views along Interstate 26 are awe-inspiring. We never tire of this journey.



My look for the first part of the day includes a lightweight cardigan, tank, and cropped pants, all from Stein Mart's Peck and Peck collection. The shoes were found at T.J. Maxx. The necklace is from Chico's. 



We took a break from shopping and walking at the Grove Arcade to have some of our favorite spicy pimento cheese at Carmel's. It was great weather for visiting a sidewalk café!



At last... it was time to check into our room at the elegant Windsor Hotel. The two girly girls are reunited! With me is Laura Cousins, the Creative Art Director for the hotel.



A bottle of local wine was Mr. Mickey's birthday gift from the hotel management!



A beautiful Paris note pad from Laura was a gift for me!




The city of Asheville has many buildings that date from the 1800s.





We visited Art in the Park in the center of Asheville in Pack Square Park.


For our afternoon stroll through the city, I changed into a lightweight tie-front blouse from Chico's.


No surprise here! I am checking out the jewelry.




More street performers at Pack Square.


This is a new place we plan to try for dinner the next time we visit Asheville. Rhubarb has a sidewalk dining area and a newly decorated inside exquisite dining area. We had a glass of wine and a delicious cheese plate as we took another afternoon break from walking about and shopping.


Cheers!


These street performers were probably the best we've ever heard. They are the Carolina Catskins.




After a short rest, it was time to get ready for dinner at the fabulous Strada


I am wearing a long white tunic blouse and a silver and white long, lightweight cardigan with white ankle zip jeans from Chico's. The turquoise and silver necklace and silver cuff are also from Chico's.






Another landmark across from our hotel. Tressa's has been around for many years.




On Sunday, we had brunch at another favorite place, Posano Café.







I wore a black and white sheer, lightweight top and black jeans from Chico's for the trip home.




I love visiting with dogs on the street. It seems everyone has a dog or two. These were so cute!


Another great street performer. He made this hammer dulcimer himself.


One last treat for the afternoon. We have wanted to visit Old Europe for a long time. It did not disappoint!


I thought you would enjoy seeing Mr. Mickey's socks. Shows his sense of humor, don't you think?



16 comments:

Laura said...

I love Asheville. Looks like y'all did indeed have a wonderful time. And you looked fabulous in every picture-especially in the crowd pictures. Just proves how nicely you always dress. Thanks for sharing.

Got My Reservations said...

We were just in Asheville and visited another group of amazing restaurants. The only one we had in common was Old Europe, which was very charming. Interesting post, and you look lovely, as always.

Patti said...

Gorgeous settings and outfits, Susan! Happy bday once more to Mr. M. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xox.

LoriM said...

Looks so fun and you look elegant in every photo. But I've been wondering about the shoes - are they *really* comfortable for wandering around shopping? I would be dying !!!! Do you just get used to it or maybe you don't have any foot problems? I don't have anything major wrong with my feet, just can't handle walking around in heels or high wedges.... But I love they way they dress up your outfits and I feel kinda dumpy in my flats. Sigh.

Jessica Jannenga said...

SO many pictures to comment on!!:-) My hubby and I live north of Charlotte, a little over an hour away from Asheville and we love to visit there. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I love the arts there, and it seemed you hit some great spots, music, a cute doggy, and of course, your attire was lovely. I love the blue on you, it is such a great color as well as the all white crisp outfit.
from the link up
please stop by, jess xo

http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Betty (SC) said...

Pretty outfits! Every inch a lady! Looks like a great Father's Day/BD getaway. Lots to do & see! Asheville is the Charleston of the mountains! ~ Betty(SC)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a fun time, Susan...and you looked beautiful as always! I love the long white cardigan and the all white look. But, you look stunning in that first blue jacket!

Unknown said...

Love going to Asheville. Great pictures and you look as lovely as always. I like Mr. Mickey's socks. Pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

You looked wonderful all weekend long. Love you necklaces ... wish you would do a post about what to look for when buying a necklace. I'm very intimidated by the whole idea. Not sure on the length, etc. Help!
Best wishes, Lindy






Fit and Healthy Baby Boomers said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog for the first time, found you from Visible Monday. I will be following you now. You look very nice in all your outfits and what a great place to wear them.
Enjoy,
Sharon

Lana said...

Beautiful outfits. The blue cardigan is stunning on you. We used to visit Asheville when I was little, and I remember it being so beautiful!

Lady of Style said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time with Mr M! I love the photos of your visit.
You always look so radiant but I especially love your look with the long white tunic and the long cardigan, that is stunning, Susan!

Annette | Lady of Style

Sheri said...

Looks like you both had a great weekend. What a wonderful gift from his daughters. I've never been to Asheville, but it sure looks beautiful. I go to Blairsville, GA a lot and visit Franklin, NC while there. Love that little village.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend! I especially like the white outfit with the touch of turquoise. But, you look lovely in all the outfits. And, you gotta love those fun socks! Thank you for sharing. I am learning a lot from you. Robin

Unknown said...

Your photos are great. I especially like the all white outfit with the long tunic on you. Found you on Visible Monday. Looking forward to seeing your next post. Cherie at stylenudge.com

Donna said...

What a fabulous weekend! Kudos to Mr Mickey's daughters for the perfect gift. You look smashing in all your outfits. Mr Mickey's socks are a hoot.