Friday, November 14, 2014

Santa Fundraiser

You may remember that Mr. Mickey has played Santa to a group of children who might not otherwise have much of a Christmas in years past.


A dear friend started the tradition of hosting a Christmas pizza party for some local needy children and their parents or guardians. Each child receives a coat, school clothes, a pair of shoes, and a toy.



Over the years, other friends have joined in to help fund the project. Last evening all those friends gathered to enjoy a wine and cheese fundraiser for next year's project, including an evening with "Santa."


Since I am Santa's date for the evening, I always wear something red. This year I wore a vintage red St. John Knit jacket, which was a gift from my dear friend Mitzi. I paired it with faux leather ponte jean leggings. The BCBGeneration zipper shoes from Dillard's were a big hit!



When I wear a piece that makes a bold statement, such as the jacket with the trademark St. John gold buttons and the zipper shoes, I let those items take the limelight. Adding a necklace or bold earrings would have been too much clutter.

The season of excess is upon us. In addition to numerous all you can eat buffet dinners, I will be avoiding glitzy sweaters, bright red lipstick, too much blush, and big sparkly matching earrings and necklaces.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the shoes, Susan!

Shybiker said...

Those zipper shoes are amazing!

Donna said...

You look amazing in red! A fabulous outfit to wear to a worthy fundraiser.