Sunday, February 8, 2015

Old With New

Few items in my wardrobe have survived my various closet purges after weight gains and losses over the years.


About twelve years ago, I lost a lot of weight and bought this tea-length chiffon fully lined skirt at T.J.Maxx. A couple of years later, I gained the weight back, but I kept the skirt because it has an elastic waist, so I thought it might still work when I needed to dress for an evening event.



I have worn the skirt several times, but this sequined pullover from Saks Off 5th is my favorite. The pullover is from their private label Saks Fifth Avenue RED.



This Gieger of Austria black coat is another oldie but a goody. I bought this when I was heaviest, so I had the sleeves altered and will hold on to it for a few more years. When I invest so much in a piece, I have difficulty letting go of it. Thankfully I have kept the weight off for several years by eating primarily fruits and vegetables.




These earrings arrived in the mail just minutes before I started getting ready for date night.


They are indeed works of art! One of my highly talented clients, Victoria Timm, created the earrings. She makes the most fantastic jewelry! You can see more of her work here at her Etsy store.


We saw this well-dressed, beautiful lady as we entered our favorite restaurant, Gourmet & Company. She graciously allowed us to take her photo. 


We always skip the big going out to dinner nights such as Valentine's Day. This was a special going out night for us instead. After a fantastic dinner, we attended the Johnson City Symphony Orchestra performance. Dr. Chih-Long Hu performed with the Orchestra and received three standing ovations for encore solo performances.


Mr. Mickey loves these shoes, so he kept saying, "One more." He was afraid he didn't get a good shot of the shoes. (He is so dedicated to creating an exciting blog for you.) The shoes are suede from Saks Off 5th. I am wearing Hanes hosiery.

No comments: