Saturday, March 5, 2016

Second Love

We recently spent the weekend at the Inn on Biltmore Estate.


On our last evening there we had a lovely meal in The Dining Room.




Earlier in the day, I shopped in the Marble Lion, a boutique located inside the Inn, where I found this intricately embossed faux leather jacket at half off! If shoes are my first fashion love, then certainly jackets are my second.




I am wearing a surplice wrap top from White House Black Market with Travelers Pants from Chico's. The suede Sam Edelman shoes are a couple of years old. The handbag is from Saks Off 5th. 




This textured faux leather jacket is by Erin London. I almost didn't even try one on because the medium size had already sold. I was delighted that the small fit perfectly. It pays to ignore the tag and just try on what appeals to you.




Occasionally we have a small piece of grilled wild-caught salmon for dinner. 



This was a special evening, so we also shared this beautiful crème-filled flaky phyllo dough and tart cherry dessert.








These flowers were on the front desk. Turning to face the lobby in all its grandeur.




3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I want that jacket!!!! You look gorgeous as usual Susan. I really enjoy your posts showing your part of the country and have it on my list of places to visit.
Have a great weekend.

Joanne said...

I, too, have a love for jackets. Or maybe, an addiction is a better description. Lol There are so many great faux leather jackets on the market. You always look wonderful, Susan. I do wish I could wear high heels. They look so sexy.

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

You are so right about sizes. Last weekend, I bought size 4 jeans in one brand and size 8 pants in another! How does that make any sense?