Saturday, August 13, 2016

Friday Night Adventure

Friends recently bought one of those luxurious Weekender Mercedes Campers. They have nicknamed it "The Beast." Three couples got together on Friday night to enjoy a long drive in the camper so that we could have dinner in Banner Elk at the Chef's Table.


I wore a crepe tank dress with a waterfall cardigan for this evening's adventure. The bag is old from Saks Off 5th. The shoes are old by Vince Camuto.


The fabric of these dresses is so soft and lightweight. It is also very stretchy. I love this dress's basic design, which allows me to wear it with so many other items in my wardrobe. 


There was some question as to whether I would be able to climb into the "Beast" while wearing heels and a dress, but I showed them it could be done.






Almost every vista in the Banner Elk and Grandfather Mountain communities includes the Sugar Top condos.



We visited a fun gallery along our stroll to the restaurant located in the village of Banner Elk.


The Chef's Table is a third-generation farm-to-table restaurant located upstairs in the village square.











Everyone's food was excellent!

Sea Bass




Shrimp and Grits



My Own North Carolina Trout





Mr. Mickey says I am the only woman he knows to make a cardigan and pearls look sexy. Thanks, Mr. M!

Styling notes: I chose to wear a short necklace that just filled in the bodice instead of a long necklace because I needed something to lift the eye with all the other long proportions. Also, I wore nude shoes since black would create a visual break on my legs and make them look shorter. 

22 comments:

Judy said...

You are the best looking woman I've ever seen stepping out of a camper !!

Lynn said...

You look lovely Susan.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair. So groomed but also natural. Even though I have a round face like yours and would love to try your style, alas my straight fine hair would not conform. So I keep it really short. We just have to work with what nature gives us!Love, Sheila Jenkins

Unknown said...

Fun adventure! Thanks as always for sharing your elegance and loveliness.

Kelli said...

Very nice look!

thepoutingpensioner said...

You look super, no surprise that Mr Mickey is saying what he did!
I am gob-smacked by the restaurant's huge fire pit, what an amazing place, a fitting destination for your luxurious journey.

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun ride to the restaurant ,you look sexy and amazing-Paul

Jan Maier said...

Vis a vis the dress sizing....does the fabric cling to the bits and pieces I don't want seen? AND how do you decide which dress to wear..thin or wide straps....I'm assuming you have both. LOL This dress could be a workhorse in my wardrobe but I'm just not sure about size through the middle.

You look gorgeous as usual.

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun night out! My neighbor took a RV Rental on a month's trip across the Northern US and into some of Canada. Hers was not a Mercedes and she ven had to swap it with another model when the AC brokem I will have to show her your post.

Kristien62 said...

Your hair looks great and I wonder if you struggle in humidity. I chose not to continue to have my hair straightened and now, with the oppressive humidity we are experiencing, I wonder if I made a mistake. How do you deal with sticky weather?

Also, received the brown version of your pants, and they are great. Need to have them shortened, but once done, I am looking forward to their comfort and slim style. I am transitioning my wardrobe from one based on black and grey to one based on warmer colors. Your pants will become a staple.

Canuck-Girl said...

Hi Susan; this looks like a perfect evening. And your ensemble reflects that. Just tell them, of course you can get in and out of this vehicle - after all, you are a "high kicker". When we go out with a group in a multi-passenger vechicle, I always have to go to the back because of my petite height and the fact I am still flexible!!!

Unknown said...

You live in such a beautiful GREEN area. I've never been to the eastern U.S. Hopefully, some day. As always, you are the epitome of elegance and class. Thank you for giving us over-50 chicks hope and inspiration.

KC said...

What a fun trip! You look beautiful in that outfit!

Susan said...

It wasn't too humid last night so I was able to blow my hair out for the evening and it held up pretty well. Today I let it be natural. Sometimes it is a lost cause and I surrender to let the humidity have its way.

Susan said...

I only have the thin strap dress at the moment. You will be surprised how much the material stretches. It is very forgiving. My jiggly bits are not on display when I wear this one. I have worn it more than any dress I own!

Bobbi Jones said...

Love the dress...the cardigan not so much....just me I guess...

Andrea said...

Looks & sounds like you had a great evening!

You look fabulous! I love the explanation of why you chose a shorter necklace!

Andrea
Andrea’s Wellness Notes

Jan Maier said...

Thanks Susan....the only area I have issues with is the mid section..sometimes I have to go larger so my middle isn't spanned and then the top gaps and droops but I see these are one size anyway. We'll see what happens when I can order.

Pondside said...

Beautiful dress! Thank you for letting us know that you'd altered the straps. I looked at this dress and thought of doing just that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, Did you wear earrings with this outfit? I'm absolutely coping this look! Fashionable and breezy for a warm summer night. Thanks, Elizabeth (51)

Susan said...

I didn't wear earrings with this look because of the necklace. I normally don't wear both at the same time. Have fun!

Elaine @ Following Augustine said...

I like the dress and the cardigan, just not together. Perhaps if the cardigan were shorter, it would work better. There's something about the tails of the cardigan falling over the slit in the side of the skirt that just doesn't sit right with me.